Sunday, September 30, 2012

An Anniversary THANK YOU

I tell him I love him every day. EVERY. DAY.  Even on the days he drives me a little crazy. Even on those days, I love him more than I thought possible. Maybe that sounds mushy or sappy.  I don't care. I've waited my whole life to find this..to find HIM.

Today, we celebrate our 7th anniversary. In those 7 yrs. I don't think there has been one day, not one, that I haven't told him I loved him. But what I'm not sure I've told him, or told him enough anyways, is thank you.

So.....

Thank you Joel.

Thank you for everything.  For having enough foresight to slow things down in the beginning. For recognizing that when we met, I wasn't ready for "us". Thank you for not wanting to be the rebound and waiting to be the right one.

Thank you for being such an incredible dad.  For loving your kids beyond measure and for proudly showing that love in everything you do.  There is nothing sexier than a dad who loves his children...nothing.

Thank you for being there for me in both the good times and the bad...especially, the bad. I don't know how I would have gotten through losing my dad if I didn't have you to lean on.  You are my rock and my soft place to land all wrapped up in one. You always seem to know just what I need. Whether that is to be left alone or needing to lie in "my spot" because it's the only place I can breathe. You just always know.

Thank you for always making me feel beautiful and special, even in those times when I couldn't feel further from it. For always seeing the best in me, when I seem to see nothing but the flaws.

Thank you for making me laugh...every. day. Even on the days I don't feel like smiling you always find a way to bring laughter into my life.  You always find a way to make my soul smile. You are my light on the darkest of days.

Joel, thank you for being you.  The you that takes 20 minutes to tell a 30 second story. The you that dreams big dreams with me, and works hard every day to make those dreams come true. The you that is sweet and tender, and even the you, that sometimes says things out loud I wish you wouldn't.  You are authentic and honest and those qualities are hard to find in people these days. I am so very proud of the man you are Joel and I am incredibly blessed to be your wife.

Happy Anniversary Honey... I Love You!

1 comment: